1) Provide a full article citation as the header for your paper, including Name of Author’s, title of article, name of journal, volume #, date of publication and page #s:
Immigration, race, and riot: The 1992 Los Angeles uprising. Albert Bergesen, Max Herman. American Sociological Review. Albany: Feb 1998. Vol. 63, Iss. 1; p. 39 (16 pages)
2) Identify what the basic research problem/question is for this research.
3) Is the purpose of the study explanatory, evaluative, exploratory or descriptive?
4)Which social science paradigm is this research problem/question associated with?
5) How did the authors build on the work of previous researchers? What main ideas did they get from previous research?
6) Did the authors state a hypothesis or hypotheses? If not, try to create a hypothesis for them from the research question and variables.
7) What were the independent and dependent variables in the hypotheses?
8) How were the key independent and dependent variables measured? What instruments were used to measure the key variables?
9) What were the levels of measurement for the key variables (nominal, ordinal, interval, ratio)?
10) Did the instruments used to measures of the variables seem valid?
11) Did the instruments used to measure the variables seem reliable?
- Link to article: Link to Article: https://draweb.njcu.edu:2109/socscijournals/docview/219751281/fulltextPDF/D8189BC1437345B9PQ/26?accountid=12793